Video has long been touted as the future marketing medium, but the future has arrived. You will fall behind if you do not include video in your marketing strategy. There’s no need to be concerned about getting started. Even if you cannot afford to hire an in-house video production team, there are a number of highly skilled companies that can provide the video production services you require.
In this article, we’ll go over the video production process as well as the video production services you should look for when hiring a company to handle your video marketing. It’s time to join the 60 percent of businesses that are already using video marketing and reaping the benefits.
Video is a powerful tool for communicating your story, moving your audience to feel, think, and act in a specific way. When done correctly, video can be one of the most powerful conversion drivers, regardless of your business or industry.
What does it take to be good at video marketing?
Whether you have an in-house team or hire a video production company to handle your video marketing, there are three types of video production services you should either do yourself or ensure the company you hire offers:
- Post Production
Preproduction is a service in video production that includes creative and planning. These include video production services such as:
- Evaluating the objective, target audience, method of delivery, and tone of your video
- Creating a budget
- Pitching and creative development
- Outlining and storyboarding
- Lists of shots (the scenes you want to include in your video)
- Location research (looking for places to record your video)
- Permission (getting the necessary permits from your municipality)
- Preparation and rental of equipment (as needed)
- Recruiting subcontractors (as needed)
The first stage of video production is preproduction. It happens behind the scenes, but it’s probably the most important part of making a video that achieves the objectives you want it to. Without putting in the effort on the front end, you will never achieve the desired outcome. This is the stage at which you will lay the groundwork for your message. It entails two distinct video production services: creative and logistical.
The creative side entails developing and refining your video concept, writing a script, storyboarding, and ensuring that you fully understand not only the story you want to tell but also what the takeaway message should be from your video. Logistics, on the other hand, is concerned with the details involved in turning your ideas into a finished and polished video.
The video shoot is what’s considered the production component of the whole video production. Here are some of the video production services (and staffing considerations) involved:
- From concept to completion, the Producer is involved in all stages of production. This includes budget coordination, supervision, and control, as well as talent, crafts, and other activities.
- The Director of Photography (Main Camera Operator) collaborates with the Director to bring the script’s vision to life. They are in charge of the Camera and Lighting Departments, as well as creating the visuals that tell the story.
- The Assistant Camera Operator is in charge of marking a sync point between video and audio with a clapper board (slating), ensuring proper focus, and changing batteries and recording media.
- The Field Audio Engineer is in charge of mixing, reproducing, and manipulating sound and effects.
- The Gaffer oversees the lighting department. They are in charge of creating the lighting plan.
- The Grip designs and constructs the set for a film, commercial, or television show. Grips are responsible for the equipment that supports the cameras and lighting.
- Makeup artists must be familiar with and understand makeup, as well as the techniques used to apply it to the face and neck. Body Makeup Artists apply makeup to various parts of the body in order to change the actor’s appearance.
- The Drone Operator is in charge of any drone cameras used in video production.
- The Production Assistant is in charge of communication between production departments as well as lockups.
- High-definition cameras, lighting, audio, and other equipment may be considered specialty equipment.
Post-production begins after your video has been shot. This stage contains video production services such as:
- File administration
- Editing video
- Animation or motion graphics
- Voice acting or recording voice-overs
- Mastering of audio
- Color correction
- File delivery
Post-production is everything that happens after the filming is finished.
Video Production Services: Common Types of Video Content
There are hundreds of different video types or formats, and there is no guarantee that the video production company you hire will provide the video production services you require for the video you want to make. Let’s take a closer look at the top eight video production services available:
Table of Content:
Event Video Services
Event videos can range in length from 30 seconds to 3+ hours and can be a “recap,” “teaser,” or multi-camera production. This service is used for live events such as lectures, meetings, sports, weddings, and performances.
Commercial/Advertising Video Services
Commercials are typically 30–90 seconds long and can be scripted, documentary-style, or animated. This service may include sponsored content, branded content, pre-roll, and so on.
Promotional Documentary Video Services
1 – 30 minute long videos that feature interview-driven storytelling is what’s considered as a promotional documentary video service. This category typically includes promotional videos, infomercials, and travel videos.
Corporate Video Services
Corporate videos range in length from 1–60 minutes and include everything from lengthy training videos to brand culture videos to promotional videos.
Real Estate Video Services
Real estate videos are typically under 5 minutes long and employ a variety of filming techniques such as drones, sliders, timelapse, and more to create an enticing video experience.
Educational Video Services
Educational videos include but are not limited to, Explainer videos, PSAs, tutorials, and how-to videos. They can be brief, 30-second videos or longer, more in-depth videos.
Music Video Services
Music video services include exactly what you’d expect (a musician lip-syncing to create a music video), but they can also be used by other clients when the video doesn’t require an audio story. Usually, trailers and teaser videos are included in this category.
Social Media Video Services
Social media videos are typically 15–60 seconds in length and can include text, music, and narration. This type of video is popular on social media platforms, particularly Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram Reels, and the majority of TikTok alternatives.
Video Production Services: SEO
Did you know that video can increase search engine traffic by up to 157 %? Marketing video production services should follow SEO best practices to increase the visibility of your video in organic search results. Here are five video production services that specialize in optimizing video content for search:
Table of Content:
#1 Start With a Strong Video Marketing Strategy
Video is an essential component of your company’s sales and marketing funnels, as well as a great SEO strategy. When developing your video strategy, focus on incorporating video into the rest of your marketing strategy to create a cohesive marketing plan. But how do you develop an effective video marketing strategy? We like this five-step procedure:
- Step 1: Set Goals for Your Videos. Begin by outlining what you hope to achieve with your videos. These objectives should correspond to the various stages of your marketing funnel (awareness, consideration, and decision).
- Step 2: Speak to Your Target Audience. Once you’ve determined what you want to achieve, you’ll want to target a specific audience with your video. You should know who your product or service is for, what you want them to do after watching your video, and where you can find them at the end of this step.
- Step 3: Find the Story You Want to Tell. Every video should contain the main character (your target audience), a conflict (your target audience’s pain point), the search for a solution to the conflict (your product or service), and a resolution (how your product or service makes things better).
- Step 4: Stick to Your Timeline. Make a timeline for each stage of your video production, as well as an overall timeline that includes all of the other timelines. Remember that things happen. Changes to scripting or messaging, delays in receiving review and feedback, and delays in implementing changes can all throw your timeline off. When creating your timeline, be realistic and allow yourself extra time to help keep things on track.
- Step 5: Stick to Your Budget. When producing a high-quality video, the budget can quickly balloon—especially if you outsource your video production services. Whether you handle things in-house or not, you still need to create a budget.
You’ll be in a much better position to create videos that rank well in search engine results unless you start with a solid video marketing strategy.
#2 Optimize Your Video Titles
Creating and optimizing video titles may be included in marketing video production services, but if not, you’ll want to make sure your video titles are fully optimized for SEO. Titles should include keywords related to the content of your video and catch the attention of viewers. While clickbait titles were popular for a short time, viewers quickly grew tired of titles designed solely for clicks. As a result, your titles should be directly related to your video content and designed to capture viewers’ attention while delivering when they click.
#3 Include Video Transcripts
SEO requires video transcripts. If your marketing video production company does not provide video transcripts, you should definitely write your own. And write them down. Don’t rely solely on auto-generated transcripts. You’ve probably seen them on YouTube. They’re not very good.
What’s the point of video transcripts? For starters, they make your content more accessible, allowing you to reach a larger audience with your video. Furthermore, they make your content scrapable by search bots, resulting in the more indexable page content.
#4 Optimize Your Website
Enhancing your website may not appear to have much to do with video production services, but believe us when we say it is. Including video on a website can help you rank higher in search engines, increase conversions, and more. Examine your highest-performing pages (the ones that generate the most conversions) and, if they don’t already have video, request that your video production services company create targeted, related videos for those pages. Video production services and website optimization work well together to increase the number of people who see your content.
#5 Promote Your Video
Publicity will enormously benefit your video SEO strategy. Every time a user views or interacts with your video, it receives a signal boost that Google and other search engines use to determine where to rank your content. This creates a sort of echo chamber in which your video receives engagement, and Google and other search engines reward you for that engagement by increasing the ranking for your content, resulting in more people seeing your content, which leads to more engagement. And so the cycle goes on.
Video Production: Worth the Work
Since a single video can be used in multiple ways, video production services can easily pay for themselves multiple times over. The same video can be used on your website, in email marketing, on social media, and pretty much anywhere else. Using your video in multiple places across your marketing efforts maximizes your video production services investment and increases your ROI. You have everything you need to create a ridiculously strong video marketing strategy if you use the information and tips in this article, whether you bring your video production services in-house or outsource to an established video production company in Malaysia.
Your label has a distinct story to tell that distinguishes it from the competition and helps to establish a strong brand identity. Video is one of the most effective ways for your brand to share its story while also keeping visitors on your website longer, retaining their attention, and encouraging them to engage. A strong video marketing strategy and high-quality video can bring in new customers and keep existing customers coming back for more.
Here at Dezpad Designs, we have a team of creative professionals that are beyond ready to help you make your first video production. Contact us for further inquiries.