2D/3D Animation is an inevitable method of producing highly engaging digital content. With the right mix of animation, graphics, and script, animated products can connect instantly with the consumers. That is why businesses use animation for multiple purposes, with promotion, marketing, and brand awareness being the primary motives. The inclination of businesses towards animation is not just based on assumptions. It is backed by research data as well.
Multiple pieces of research have shown that 2D/3D video animation services can significantly boost all types of business conversion and raise the business prospects by up to eighty percent. At the same time, the animation is regularly used for eLearning and digital training purposes as well. Whiteboard animation, storyboard-based animation, and animated illustration videos effectively explain complex learning topics comprehensively.
But, there are diverse types and styles of animation, and different types of animation serve different purposes. Thus, it is very important to identify the correct animation style to suit the companies’ objectives.
What is the difference between 2D and 3D animation?
Different animation styles can be broadly categorized into two major types, one is 2D animation, while the other is 3D animation. Though both are used quite generously nowadays, there are certain differences between these two types. Let’s take a look at some of those differences.
- 2D animation is the most traditional form of animation. So, the field of 2D animation is quite evolved, and we have a wide knowledge of its various uses and limitations. But, 3D animation is comparatively new, so, knowledge set is limited for this domain.
- 3D animation is much more powerful than 2D animation. It can create life-like videos with powerful animated characters. But, 2D animation fails to deliver effective animated characters. It is because it produces a flat image.
- In 3D animation, you can feel an object or a character. But, in 2D animation, the characters and objects mostly lie in the same plane as their environment. This property of 2D animation has dual nature. It can be both a boon and a bane, depending on the purpose.
- As the 2D animation lies in a single plane, it is very useful for developing moving storyboards. Moreover, many hand-drawn characters can be converted into 2D animated characters. It helps in developing digital animated comic books.
- But, editing a 2D animated video is much more difficult than the 3D animated ones. In 2D animation, an animator draws the different features, and editing them requires redrawing the entire scenario. While, in 3D animation, one can easily edit an individual object.
Pros & Cons of Animated Videos for Businesses
The effect of using animated videos for businesses largely depends on the way it is being used. While appropriate 2D/3D animation services can be a major boost to businesses, inappropriate services and videos can equally harm the companies. So, the businesses must choose the right service-providing company that can deliver tailor-made animated videos.
Some of the unique benefits of using 2D/3D animated videos for businesses are discussed below.
- We all know that businesses regularly develop full-length animated videos for promotional purposes. But 2D/3D animation should not be limited to producing videos only. Businesses can use animation everywhere, from logos to emailers.
- The animated logos can develop a very good impression about the businesses. It makes the companies stand apart from the rest of the companies using still logos. Moreover, the companies can add animated logos in different mediums, including websites, social media, and videos.
- In addition to logos, the companies can even develop animated emails and social media objects. The animated emails help to enhance the interest of the consumers, and animated social media posts grab higher views than the normal ones.
The 2D/3D animation services, if used properly, can give a big boost to businesses. But, for maximum effects, the companies must carefully choose between the various styles and types of animation. Both 2D and 3D animation have their pros and cons, and both serve different purposes. The 2D/3D animation services are used for multiple purposes, including videos, social media posts, learning videos, and many more. Appropriate animated videos can significantly increase the business outreach and hence can immensely benefit the companies.